Established in 2006 Tatty’s is a successful consignment-based fashion clothing business with 3 stores located in Ponsonby and High Street. Tatty’s is looking for an inhouse part time accountant.
The role would be suitable for flexible remote work but will require some onsite work. Being a part of the Tatty’s team means being a part of a small, purpose-driven and community-oriented organisation that is expected to punch above its weight. A high degree of internal and external collaboration is expected of our team, as is the ability to adapt and change as we innovate and navigate the fashion industry.
Our ideal candidate is
• A qualified accountant with working experience in a relevant role.
• Fully conversant in Xero and able to help to extend its usage by Tatty’s.
• Enjoys working in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
• Confident in embracing new technologies.
• Can work independently and alongside a team.
• An interest in fashion and or consignment retail is an advantage.
• Will take ownership of the accounts function of the business and would proactively make improvements.
The responsibilities of the role include
• Day to day bookkeeping tasks - recording sales, expenses, reconciling bank transactions, making payments.
• Cashflow management and forecasting.
• Month end close including posting journal entries.
• Preparing a monthly management report (including store by store P&L analysis).
• Work with management to implement profit and loss budgets for each store and warehouse.
• Provide actual to budget reporting on a regular basis and proactively work with management to make improvements based on insights gained.
• Over time, improve reporting to include data from the stock management system to provide KPI reporting across all aspects of the business.
• Lead the payroll process (in conjunction with HR manager), including onboarding new starters, dealing with team members on leave requests and various questions, preparing and processing regular pay runs.
• Work closely with store managers and stock management team to ensure integrity of data/ reporting.
• Preparing and filing GST returns.
• Work with external accountants at Pwc for provisional tax and year end compliance.
If this sounds like you, we'd love you to get in touch! Please send your Cover Letter and CV to Emily at email@example.com